Doctor of Divinity / Doctor of Canon Law /
Doctor of Sacred Letters
The degrees of Doctor of Divinity (D.D.), Doctor of Canon Law (D.Cn.L.) and Doctor of Sacred Letters (D.S.L.) are awarded in recognition of distinguished service to the Church, in the following ways:
The Doctor of Divinity (honoris causa) is awarded to clergy who:
- have given distinguished service to the Church and the community; or
- have outstanding achievement in academic leadership, teaching and/or scholarship
The Doctor of Canon Law (honoris causa) is awarded to members of the laity who have served the Church with distinction
The Doctor of Sacred Letters (honoris causa) is awarded to persons who have served the Church with distinction especially in the areas of Arts and Letters.
Normally, no more than one honorary degree shall be awarded in an academic year, though in rare and special circumstances, more than one may be awarded, and on occasion none may be awarded. Honorary degrees are not normally awarded in absentia.
Nomination forms are available through the Queen’s College. Nominations are normally presented to the Fall Meeting of the Corporation of Queen’s College, which will decide upon the award to be conferred at the following convocation.
- 2018 Dr. Hans Rollmann, D.S.L
- 2017 The Venerable Thomas Moulton, D.D.
- 2016 The Most Reverend Fred Hiltz, D.D.
- 2016 Major William Tilley, D.Cn.L
- 2015 Mr. William Marshal, D.Cn.L
- 2014 The Rev’d Canon Dr. Judy Rois, D.D.
- 2013 The Rev’d Dr. Morley F. Hodder, D.D.
- 2012 The Rev’d Dr. Paul Gibson, D.S.L.
- 2011 The Rev’d Dr. Alexander Daley, D.D.
- 2010 The Ven. Francis Buckle, D.S.L.
- 2009 The Right Rev’d Martin Mate, D.D.
- 2008 The Ven. Gerald Peddle, D.D.
- 2007 Ms Myrtle Cooper, D.Cn.L.
- 2006 The Most Rev’d Stewart Payne, D.D.
- 2005 The Rev’d Canon Frank Cluett, D.D.