Queen's College is an Associate Member of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada and is Affiliated with Memorial University.
Queen’s College was established in 1841 as The Theological Institute by The Right Reverend Aubrey George Spencer, appointed in 1839 as the first Bishop of the Diocese of Newfoundland. His successor, The Right Reverend Edward Feild, re-established The Institute in a new building and named it Queen’s College in honour of Queen Victoria and The Queen’s College, Oxford, his alma mater. Its prime purpose was then, and is now, to offer training leading to ordination. Since that time the College has expanded its programs to include persons who wish to pursue the study of theology without seeking ordination.
The Faculty consists of full-time and part-time members. A network of trained supervisors, in Clinical Pastoral Education, Supervised Practice of Ministry and Parish Internship programs, also form an integral part of the College’s programming.
Queen’s College celebrates its past with thanksgiving and anticipates its future with hope.
The College is incorporated under an Act of the Provincial Legislature which grants it the authority to confer appropriate degrees in theology.