Diploma in Theology and Ministry
Diploma in Theology and Ministry is a non-degree program. It is an excellent launching pad for persons interested in learning more about scriptures, Christian beliefs, personal spiritual development, and ministry. This program is designed to engage both heart and mind in the context of student interaction, community, and prayer.
The Diploma program is completed over three years. It is a great opportunity for those who wish to pursue some studies in theology and prepare themselves for more effective ministries and leadership roles in the Church. Format includes presentations, reflections and discussion. Evaluation is based on attendance and participation – no exams or assignments. The Diploma program is open to students of all denominations. Students with the Diploma are granted advance standing of four credits in the Associate in Theology program.
In the Fall 2021 Semester, we will offer the Diploma Program in an on-line format. We will have one evening class session (7:00 to 9:30 p.m.) on a weekday evening for the 12 weeks of the semester. The sessions will be offered by webinar. The sessions will be offered for current students and new students in the Diploma Program. When the COVID 19 restrictions are lifted to the point that Diploma groups can gather, then individuals can decide if they wish to join an accessible in-person group or continue in an on-line group. The on-line model opens opportunity for individuals in more remote communities in our province and beyond. Contact us if you wish more information about the Diploma Program. Contact Dr. Carmel Doyle, Director of Student programs email@example.com or The Rev Dr Joanne Mercer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuition is $400.00 per year. This is payable in two installments of $200.00 at the beginning of each semester.
- Reading materials and other educational resources are distributed or available online at no charge.
- 5% discount for full tuition payment on or before first day of class of each semester
- Many participants will be eligible for financial help from local Church or denominational sources and should inquire about these possibilities
The minimum academic entrance requirement for this program is a high school diploma or its equivalent.
Participants should also demonstrate:
- Commitment to relating the Gospel to their lives
- Experience, or willingness to serve in ministry
- Desire and the ability to grow emotionally, spiritually, and intellectually
- Commitment to participate fully in the program and learning community
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, OR TO REGISTER
Queen’s College, Faculty of Theology, 210 Prince Philip Drive, Suite 3000, St. John’s, NL A1B 3R6
Toll Free: 877-753-0116 Phone: 709-753-0116 Fax: 709-753-1214